Tebori tiger by HoriYen

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

The Japanese word irezumi means “insertion of ink” and can mean tattoos using tebori, the traditional Japanese hand method, a Western-style machine, or for that matter, any method of tattooing using insertion of ink. The most common word used for traditional Japanese tattoo designs is Horimono. Japanese may use the word “tattoo” to mean non-Japanese styles of tattooing. Exert from http://wikipedia.org

www.mytats.com Shodai Hori-Yen (Jess Yen) tattooing with tebori- a traditional Japanese hand poking style. He owns the shop- My Tattoo- in Los Angeles, California. www.mytats.com

Comments

05alexandrou says:

How much is a tattoo like that? Its a masterpiece!

Rhapthorne3 says:

If I’m ever to get a tattoo i would love to have one of these….if only it didn’t cost a lot and if only It didn’t hurt like hell. Still, who cares if he’s not japanese…he’s obviously very well disciplined and skilled.

cmsun says:

wasnt shige taught by filip leu? i am pretty sure he isnt japanese.

desolate says:

Agree. In today’s times, what is fake and what is real? What are u really not a hybrid of? Jess is disciplined and excels in his field. Most importantly he carries the spirit of the traditionalism of what he has learnt.

cmonutube says:

dont be an idiot

DirugazeXD says:

AWSOMENESS>XD i wanted to learn the Tebori style of tattooing but there is nowhere in the N.E united states to learn T^T

Knuddelcoco says:

autsch! ^^

viniv20 says:

what’s your problem … it’s tattooing it’s as old as mankind so why the hell should non-japanese people can’t do japanese tattoos … if u say only japanese people can do real tebori tattoos well then only real japanese people can get a real tebori tattoo that simple … if you’re picky about that kind of stuff while this is an amazing artist then u’re not even worhty judging about that or etting tattooed yourself …

NovaMoonfade says:

This is amazing. I’ve been a tattoo artist for over seven years now, but I have always wanted to learn this particular style. I’ve heard that the coloring achieved by the tebori method achieves brilliant colors compared to that of a machine. How long did the entire piece take to color by hand?

cmonutube says:

can people tell me the differences between this style of tattooing and electric style of tattooing? I read somewhere that tebori allows for different techniques of shading. the tattoos also seem more vivid with this style…

twowheelworld says:

whats the song right at the beggining please?

armydoc115 says:

Tebori is amazing. I tattoo, but know I could NEVER accomplish this level of art using this technique. My goal is to get an Oni tattoo done tebori. Where are you located Hori-Yen san?

vi3tboi2o6 says:

omfg right on the ribcage… damn having those needles just rapidly stabbing ur ribs and shit…

merob89 says:

i wanna ge35t this horiyen tiger

kungphu says:

keep up the good work jess and rack up the haters..

Tillinn says:

dude titts or gtwo!
Stop being a hater!

luvleelady68 says:

I think this artist is GREAT! my boyfriend and I had the pleasure of meeting him at his shop yesterday in Alhambra for a consultation, my boyfriend is Japanese & is truly honored to be getting a tattoo from Horiyen, & hopefully very soon,& I plan to have one done by him one day as well, this man is a true & again GREAT artist, anyone who thinks differently should honestly keep their ignorant comments or opinions to themselves. All tattoo artists are inspired by someone it doesnt make them fake!

mytattoobodypiercing says:

Thank u 4 ur opinion. Taiwan was colonized by Japan 4 50+ years. Both Japanese & Chinese cultures greatly influence Taiwanese & lifestyle. I have passion 4 both art, thus, those become my specialty. My tools r from Horiyoshi III whos an idol to me and Im thankful 4 his support. This video is real. Ur welcome 2 visit me. I plan 4 Tebori @ St. Louis Old School Tattoo Expo on 11/15/08. Or, stop by my shop. Sorry u feel that I copy Shige. He is a friend of mine & amazing artist. Horiyen

mytattoobodypiercing says:

frankhaseyes says:

this is a fake tebori tattoo artist . not even from a Japanese family. fake ass shige biter. booooooooooo this fake as shit . go home with this gay shit. he knows hes a fake and every japanese tattoo family is sad to see this excuse for a hand tattoo artist

Tillinn says:

Nice work but I would like to know about the soundtrack after 0:47 can anyone tell me?

PHU DAO says:

the chest must have fucking hurt

KeyboredNinja says:

Your nomi shaft is a little short, I think. It doesnt look like you are able to lift the needles on the back stroke. (can you?)
You might want to add 4 inches or so and see if that helps.

I like the tiger outline, it looks good. I would only suggest studying the traditional Japanese background style a little more closely.
Of course, you may have wanted this to be a fusion of American and Japanese styles..
If so, then it looks perfect to me.

goooozz says:

very nice…
I want a karp o my back…

bellaben says:

cool!! i luv tattoo by hand!

Write a comment